Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Airplane

The flight from Charlotte to Philadelphia was more or less uneventful. I had pre-ordered my seat online in hopes of a window seat close to the front 12F; however, the airline decided that it would rather place me in the middle in the back, so I ended up in seat 21E. Yay! The man sitting next to me had an accent and a red passport, so when I asked where he was raised, he told me England. (My fatal flaw is that I cannot place accents. Whether it is British, Australian, or South African, I cannot decipher the origins without asking directly.) Anyway, the man and I started talking and he told me that his daughter who had just graduated from high-school was going to Leeds University in England. (What a coincidence that I had just had dinner with Margie Pappin dwo days before who was also going there!)

Philadelphia is the airport with the cool hanging airplanes/birds (made from mini hanging airplanes/birds) that you see when standing on the moving sidewalk! I love that! I was exceedingly glad that there were forty other exchangers on my flight with me so I did not have to bear the three-hour layover alone! That being said, I was the only rising junior among the other students with whom I conversed. They all thought I was crazy for returning to high-school after this experience. They all are going as their gap-year.

My ticket for this flight was 36B. Goodness, I was sure that the airlines just wanted to torture me by putting me in the back away from window seats. This seat actually happened to be the very last seat in the very back of the plane. After a few minutes, though, I started to get excited because the window seat next to me was still untaken and I thought I might have the row to myself because the plane was full and no one was moving about in the cabin; everyone had already taken his seat. Then came Rhonda, a lady to whom I will devote an entire post at a later time because it is late now and I am tired. :D A Bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment