Friday, August 27, 2010

The Toilet Catastrophe

There is one bathroom for us all to share. When I got in, I thought that I would rest for a bit. Sabine asked if I wanted to take a shower, but I just told her that I would take a nap. Five minutes later I discovered that I needed to use the restroom quite badly. At the same time, Heloise stepped into the bathroom and began to take a shower. That was perhaps the longest shower in the history of showers. (Or perhaps I just needed to tinkle terribly) When, at last, Heloise exited the bathroom, I rushed in and closed the door. I looked around me frantically in search of the location of the toilet. There was a laundry machine in the corner that was next to the shower that was next to the bathtub. On the opposite side of the wall, there was a sink and cabinets. The toilet did not exist! Oh, goodness! I spent the next three minutes pacing back and forth, hoping that the toilet would magically appear for me if I looked hard enough. Finally, I left the bathroom, walked up to Sabine, and asked unabashedly (I couldn't afford to be embarassed in such a matter of urgency) where I could find the toilet. It was in a separate room. Of course it was. I had waited for forty-five minutes through the shower of Heloise, dying to go, might I add, when the toilet had been unoccupied and AVAILABLE to me the entire time. At least I have a story to tell. That is the only positive way I can look at this experience. Fun Fact: The French do not flush every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment