Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tomber la Chemise




Before anyone freaks out, Tomber la Chemise is the name of a song that I heard in the car au retour. Anyways, it's too cold to do anything of THAT sort here. This morning we went into Lille about twentyfive minutes away. The entrance was marked by a sign notifying us that it is the Cultural Capital of Europe. I'm not so sure of that, but it is quite beautiful! It is also quite large, a fact that I found quite appealing. Today, though, we just shopped. There exists only one store that carries jeans small enough to fit my host sister. Yes, she is that small. Because Lille is so close to the Belgium border, the architecture is very similar to Belgian architecture. Today, I actually saw the sun! It was beautiful. The sky was blue, the land was dry. Then, around one o'clockish, it began to rain, but just for a tiny bit, then it just stayed gray.

Next weekend in Lille there is something called La Grande Brasserie. It's like some sort of huge market that attracts everyone from everywhere. Sabine confessed to me today that she does not like large crowds, but since it is such a sight, she will bring me for the experience, even if for a short while.

No comments:

Post a Comment