Sunday, June 5, 2011

La Descente De La Lesse

I ended up staying last night in the guy's room with a few other girls because we went over there to talk (all of the other girls fell asleep straight away), and then on avait la flemme to leave, so I squished into a single bunkbed with Rafael (US) and Jess (US).  Those were some of the most pathetic bunkbeds in the world! Whenever one of the guys tried to climb up to go to sleep, some of the support boards always broke off, so we finished by putting all of the upper mattresses on the floor.  I have to admit that sleeping at three in a twin bed does not provide an optimal space, so at I'm guessing 4h30, I changed back into the girls' room, and made Maddi (Australia) scootch over since I did not want my top bunk to break on top of her.
When we awoke around 8h00 this morning, we had a quick breakfast, jumped in the bus, and headed for Dinant Adventure where we all picked out our paddles and prepared for our kayak adventure. 
I rode in a kayak with Suzanna (US).  It was so much fun because to enter the water, we had to use a type of slide, and Suzanna and I chose to slide in backwards!  We didn't even get wet!
Awkward moment of the day:  I really needed to use the Ladies' Room, but the water was too shallow where we were.  So, Suzanna and I rowed over to the shore and climbed up the embankment.  I started to head to where there might be a tad more privacy until I noticed that it was a field of Ortie.  I needed to tinkle so badly, that I just pulled down my pants there and went with barely any heads up to Suzanna.  She also needed to go, bus since she had already gotten stung by the nettles, she decided it could wait.  I'm amazed at myself for not feeling at all embarassed, even now!  When I had finished and was pulling up my shorts, Asaki (Japan) and Yuki (Japan) rowed by in their kayak and said, "Aw. Did you go pee pee?"  Why yes, I did. 
Amazing moment of the day:  The morning began beautifully with blue skies and warm weather.  The news had warned us that it might rain, however.  At one moment Suzanna and I looked ahead of us to see two kayaks in front under a downpour of rain while we rode along completely dry.  We then passed the frontier of the rain cloud.  It was breathtaking!
When we all arrived at the campground 21 kilometers later, we ate lunch with a Rotary exchange group from Belgium that included a guy who resembled Jesus. 
After playing Umbrella, My World, and Good Watch and singing every other song we could think of in the bus ride, Hugues presented me with my Rotary Ambassador Certificate.  The best part about leaving are the hugs.  The worst aspect is that I actually have to leave.  We did manage to get through the afternoon without crying, which is wonderful in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment