Friday, June 3, 2011

The Problem With Music

Tonight we went over to Pascaline's sister's house for dinner. Almost as soon as I arrived, their son Nathan invited me to go to a "rock concert" with him. I was already exhausted, but I knew that we would leave after he returned home anyways, and it was a better option than sitting at the dinner table for five hours.
When we arrived at the Rock Café with his friend Alexia, there was no one there. The band had not even arrived at 20h30. The people around the bar were super sketchy. At one point, some creeper, who we later discovered had 31 years old, came up to us and started chatting. He was completely hammered already and refused to leave us alone. He kept talking and talking. Of course, because he was so drunk, not even the French could understand him.
By the end of the night, I was pretty much ignoring him, noddin my head, "yes" to every question he posed. By 22h the band had finally started to play. I think that tonight was the first time in my life that I have ever heard "Mary Had A Little Lamb" as a rock song.
I couldn't pay attention to the music because the weirdo kept repeating a question. I asked Alexia what he was saying. When he repeated it again, Alexia told me that he asked if he were my type. I cannot believe that I nodded a "yes" to him! When we went outside to wait for Alexia's dad, he came out and asked me to go to dinner with him sometime. Nathan and I then proceeded to pretend we were in a relationship. Why is it that I already attract weird, creepy, loser-ish, old, unemployed, freaks on a guy level?

No comments:

Post a Comment