Sunday, January 16, 2011

Demolition of a Gingerbread House

I jumped out of bed this morning, sunrays warming my face, freaking out because I thought I had missed the bus. The moment my feet touched the floor, I let myself fall back onto my bed and moaned a sigh of relief that today is Sunday!
So, Thursday morning I made gingerbread cookie dough, Friday I rolled, cut out the house shapes, and baked it, and Saturday I assembled my first 100% autonomously made gingerbread house! Catherine, however, waned to save it for today, so we began the demolition at lunchtime.
After lunch, Catherine took and showed me Notre-Dame de Lorette, a beautiful memorial to WWI.
When we returned, Jean-Pierre and his wife, Helen visited us at the house. I had never met Helen before, and eventhough I barely spoke to her, she loved me! She kept telling everyone that I was adorable, that I had the nicest smile, that I had the cutest accent, and that she only wished she had a son to marry. She also raved over the gingerbread, icing, zucchini brownies, fudge, gingerbread cake, and carrot cookies I had made while she was there. (I personally think my gingerbread cake and carrot cookies were nasty!) She was so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment