Sunday, January 23, 2011

We Are Family

Mom was supposed to stay until Thursday until last night when she decided I needed to attend school more. This morning, she woke up at the crack of dawn to go to the airport to catch an early flight back to Charlotte. Fortunately for me, the only flight leaving today had a layover in Philadelphia. Mom hates layovers, so she changed her mind and came back to stay with me until Thursday as originally planned!
I barely made my train this morning. Since I had forgotten the map, I lugged a huge suitcase for at least two miles to the train station. Unfortunately, I got lost and went in two huge circles before I actually found the Gare du Nord instead of Gare de L'Est.
After lunch, Catherine, Franck, and I took Mom to see the Canadian Memorial. It was sprinkling, so we only stayed a short while. We then headed over to their E.Leclerc. Since everything closes on Sunday, we got to see a completely empty, lifeless supermarket!
Around seven o'clock, Sabine, Christophe, Heloise, and my next host family, Nadine, Philippe, Mathilde, and Pierre joined us for an aperatif. We had a great time talking. I'm especially glad we had the reunion because now I'm more excited about changing to my next host family. I will still miss this one, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment