Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Need A Decontamination Shower STAT!

I discovered yesterday morning at breakfast that in France, ther exists a wonderful condiment called whipped honey.
Since checkout took place at noon, we left out bags at the front desk and went out walking. We turned the corner and immediately fell upon the Arc de Triomphe de Marseille followed by the St. Charles train station. We passed a blackened, charred church before arriving at the Palais Longchamp. When I grow up, I want to be a princess! After observing the majesty of the semi-circular shaped palace centered around a splended waterfall leading to fountains, we mounted the stairs and promenaded in the park behind it.

We passed the park cat ladies, surrounded by twenty felines with food at their feet.

My water addiction then showed its nasty side effect. My bladder had filled, and I had to begin the search for the dreaded restroom. What I found could definitely be better defined as a "water closet". It was the nastiest thing I had ever seen, yet I could not forego the inevitable. I held on for dear life to the doorknob as I crouched, partly because it had no lock, but mostly because I needed not to fall to a fate I was certain was worse than death!

After lunch, we walked around to the Cathedrale La Major and La Charite before taking the 5h30 bus back to Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment