Wednesday, January 26, 2011

There's a Big Difference Between 10 and 1

Mom and I took the train from Lens to Lille yesterday morning. I'm so glad I got to show her Vieux-Lille and the Grande Place because it really is so much prettier than the regular mining region! We spent all afternoon admiring architecture, walking the cobblestone streets, and sitting in massage chairs in the nature store!
Yesterday evening, we went over to the Pecqueur's for dinner. On the way over, Catherine told us that we would not stay later than ten o'clock since she had to work the following morning. Catherine, Franck, Sabine, Christophe, Mom, an English teacher from Sabine's school, and I all sat down and ate yummy pink salmon pancakes made by Heloise and peanuts for appetizers until around nine. I remembered that they always started dinner late, but I did not expect a full French supper that late in the evening. We had a spectacular time, and the food was superb, but we failed to exit the party at ten as planned. Instead, we parted from the others at no earlier than one in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment