Sunday, January 30, 2011

La Patinoire

This morning we went to the patinoire (ice skating rink). The only problem was that they forgot Andrea, a few other people, and me! It all worked out in the end, though! Don't fret! I spent the first half of the time trying unsuccessfully not to fall and the second half trying to skate backwards. I think I ended up looking more like a duck doing the funky chicken, but I was proud of myself for the two inches that I succeded in skating inverse! Andrea, on the other hand, has a fear of ice rinks, so she spent the majority of the time on the side, watching, but I did see her allowing one of the Mexican guys from the other district to help her skate.
We had leftovers for lunch that included cheesecake, rice crispies, and Finlandish cinnamon buns! The funniest part of lunch was when Michael opened and accidentally exploded a bottle of coke all over Sadie (Minnesota-other district).
The worst aspect of car rides with Hugues is that he likes to blast the music louder than concert level in the car. So I could barely hear our goodbyes when Andrea and I finally arrived home.

No comments:

Post a Comment