Monday, December 6, 2010

Half Day

I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I don't actually participate in my English class here. I figured that I came here to learn French, so English would just be detrimental in that sense. Besides, Mme. Meilan speaks well and doesn't need me to help her teach. So, presenting the project today on which Camille, Florine, and I worked was the first time most of my classmates have heard me speak in full English sentences. I tried to speak slowly and enunciate. I even made an effort to pronounce all the "t"s (like in the word twenty) as "t"s rather than "d"s like the British do. Nevertheless, I doubt that any of my peers understood a word I said. Oh well! I can at least say that I entertained them for a few minutes.
After that Mme. DeGrotte and Mme. Braun were absent today, so my class got to leave school at noon!

No comments:

Post a Comment