Saturday, December 18, 2010

L'Attrapage du Froid

In France as soon as I enter a building, someone tells me to remove my jacket. Always freezing, I never do. I always hear the same story. "If you don't take off your coat now, you'll catch cold when you go back outside."
Here's a thought. Maybe if I take off my coat, I'll catch a cold anyways because it's just as chilly inside as it is outside!
Either way, I now have a cold. My throat hurts when I breath, my nose is running faster than Usain Bolt, and I have lymphnodes swollen to the size of grapefruits. On the bright side, I have discovered that I love warm milk and honey more than hot chocolate, Vick's Vapor Rub exists in France, and Catherine owns a wonderful contraption called an essential oil diffuser that makes me feel like I'm in a spa.

No comments:

Post a Comment