Saturday, December 25, 2010

Last "Night's" Dinner

Dinner did not start last night until after eleven o'clock pm. What did we do beforehand, you might ask? Why, we enjoyed the aperatif, of course! This included a pata negra (This is a dried leg of pig from Spain that is apparently the best cured ham in the entire world and costs at least 250 Euros), cheese souffles, mini sausages, and Dom Perignon! Normally I don't drink alcohol with my host family, but Dave insisted that I had to truly experience the French culture, so I had a glass of Dom and then a taste of a red Bordeaux at dinner.
With dinner we had shrimp, crab, lobster, and some other type of mystery shelled sea creature. For me, it was a very unorthodox Christmas meal, but it still tasted delicious!
I had made a carrot cake earlier that day with a lemon-zest cream cheese icing. We ate it for dessert with an apple crumble and it was a huge success! I explained how in America we also eat it for breakfast, so I have a feeling that I will be making it rather often.
Since we started so late, dinner did not finish until almost three in the morning! We ate most of the meal today rather than yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment