Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Quadratics and the Second Degree

For the past few weeks in math, we have been learning quadratics. Here, it is called the "second degre." The first day, when Mme. Chanteloube introduced the formulae, Marie asked me if I understood. Differently from the American system, the quadratic formula is split up into multiple phases here, making the task unnecessairly long to complete. However, since I learned it in eighth grade, I replied that I did and that I knew a song to accompany it. The teacher overheard me say this. Today, as a result, she asked me to sing it to the class. Thank goodness it's to the tune of Jingle Bells and isn't nearly so difficult as the Star Spangled Banner. I would have to say that the most embarassing aspect of my experience was falling off of the stand in the front of the room. I'm such a klutz!

Tonight, Catherine, Andrea, and I went to a Rotary meeting to tour La Francaise de Mechanique where workers put together car engines. Not personally being an avid car enthusiast, I joined Andrea in frozen boredom. At least now I know what I want to do for a living! (just kidding!)

By the way: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HERMANITO!

No comments:

Post a Comment