Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Just Call Me Julia Child!

Today, Catherine wished me to make a cake of some sort. At first I thought that I wanted them to try Zucchini Bread, since they had liked my Carrot Cake so much. However, when I thought about it, I decided against it because I wanted to make a cake with a topping. Still, I did not know all of the ingredients immediately available to me, so I ended up choosing to bake a Coffee Cake because I knew that I had seen all of the elements I needed in the cupboard.
After I had started that, I notice that the refrigerator contained an obscenely large amount of eggs. So, I decided to quench my craving and make Egg Nog!
I was on a roll!
Once I had removed the Coffee Cake from the oven and shoved the Egg Nog in the refrigerator to chill, I relized that I had no desire to leave the kitchen. Consequently, I commited myself to yet another baking feat. I subsequently began and finished the Zucchini Bread, stuck it in the oven, and am currently waiting for the timer to ring.
To top off my cooking mood, I wore pearls and a lady bug apron, helping me to embrace the persona that is Julia Child!
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment