Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Belgique!

I went to Lille today for the third time during this vacation break! I am so proud of myself, too, because since Michael was in Brittany and didn't go, I took the train all by myself and did not get lost once! I have the strange urge to sing, "I'm a big kid, now!" I met up with James (Australia), Darpan (India), Leah (Oregon), Martina (Argentina), and Carlos (Mexico) at the Lille train station when I arrived. From there, James, who has been here since last January, told us that he knew a great little cafe where we could all go and grab a bite to eat, so we took the metro.

We took the metro to the very last stop, thirty minutes away! I think that James was a tad discombobulated when we arrived because we walked around in circles for ten minutes before we headed in a specific direction.
When we finally arrived at our destination, we were right next to Belgium! Yes, the country! At the same time, we were still in Lille. Since we are not allowed to leave the district, we just took a lot of photos of the sign that indicated our entrance into Belgium.
Unfortunately, it was already past two by this time, and all of the cafes were closed, so we settled with shopping and picking up some groceries at Carrefour. The metro was almost empty on our ride back, which means that we got prime seating!
We spent the rest of the afternoon going crazy, taking pictures, and reading the 2011 Guiness Book of World Records in a larger Carrefour in the shopping center EuraLille.

No comments:

Post a Comment