Saturday, November 13, 2010

Un Grand Echec

Today, for Heloise's birthday I tried to use Grammy's fudge icing recipe and a cake recipe that I found online to make a cake. Heloise and I had a blast making the cake! The room looked like a hurricane had blown through it only ten minutes into the mixing.
The cake tasted like chewy pudding. Yuck! The icing was not much better. I had purchased super-fine powdered sugar at the store, but to the French, powdered sugar is the same thing as granulated sugar, so the icing was grainy.
I must say that it would probably have gone a lot more smoothly if the measurements were convertible. Yes, even using a converter on the internet, it's hard to measure out 113.4 grams of butter. I think that from now on, I will have to stick to recipes that I know by heart, and that I can do with rough estimates and without measuring cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment