Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lens vs. Montpelier


Tonight, Christophe took me to my first professional football (soccer) game! It took place conveniently in Lens at the Stade Bollaert (Bollaert Stadium). The name of the soccer team is Le Racing Club de Lens, and their colors are (sang et or) blood and gold (red and yellow). Before we left the house, Christophe gave me an RCL beret, so I looked awesome! When we got to the stadium, I saw groups of people wearing huge red and yellow striped scarves. I think I'm going to have to buy one, so I can tell people who don't know about Lens that I go to Hogwarts and am in Gryffindor!
Lens scored the first goal within the first seven minutes! The second one they scored thirty minutes later. Montpelier didn't score any! Yay, Lens!
I would have to say that American football and soccer are basically the same, except for the fact that the games are totally different. Everyone dressed up to show support, all the men shouted and screamed when something went wrong, everyone chanted and stomped, and there was even a shirtless fat man standing on a podium, egging on the crowd! Yep, exactly the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment