Monday, November 22, 2010

Chez le Docteur

So, I just got back from going to a French doctor. Yesterday makes the fourth time since the three months that I have been here that I have been sick! I am NEVER sick back in the U.S.! I am beginning to feel that my love for this lovely country of France is unrequited!
It was interesting, though, because the doctor's office had a just a waiting room and an examination room. In fact, the entire secretarial area (desks, computers, fax machine, pictures of loved ones..) was located right next to the sanitary cot covered with that really louds, crinkly, uncomfortable paper. It did not at all have the feeling of regular doctor's office. To top that off, Doctor Hoyez wore a striped gray sweater and khakis. Not a single blue-green cotton scrub sleeve in sight!
Anyways, he ended up prescribing me four different medications: Spasfon, Doliprane, Domperidone, and Smecta. Although, I think I will feel like an eighty year old with allergies, a failing kidney, arthritis, and high blood pressure if I take all of them, especially since I'm supposed to take two of each at a time. Besides, I feel a little better now, and this will probably have passed by tomorrow morning. I'll just go into old-lady phase the next time I start to feel the teensiest bit queasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment