Saturday, November 13, 2010

Un Repas Chez Saed

Thursday night we all went over to Sabine's collegue, Lizette's house to eat a meal made my her Yugoslavian (Bosnian) husband, Saed. He made us a great four-course meal. According to him, he did not use any recipes and remembers everything from watching his mother and grandmother cook when he was younger. I know this because when I asked him for the recipes, he couldn't tell me. It was all Magnifique! I must say that his homemade backlava outshined any store-bought or restaruant-bought that I had ever eaten before. Other than that, I can't really compare what he made with anything else, because it was all new to me.
Among the party-goers were Saed's son, Lizette's son, his wife, and their two adorably blonde sons who are five and almost three.
The only down side to the evening was that three of the men surrounding me smoked. Even now, two days and three shampoo treatments later, my hair still smells of cigarettes. Heloise says that for every two cigarettes that someone smokes, you smoke one just by being near him. If that is really the case, I smoked at least a pack. Man, I should probably cut back...I'm frightened to see how my lungs will look by the end of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment