Saturday, May 7, 2011

Boulogne-Sur-Mer

This afternoon I rode with Asaki to Boulogne for the last repas exotique with all of the other exhangies.  We met up with everyone at a high school, I gave Maddi the homemade snickerdoodles she had requested (we shared them with everyone else, too), and then we went for a tour of vieux-Boulogne.  We started by walking around a beautiful church.  We spent two minutes inside a castle, and I don't know why we did not spend more time than that in there.  I didn't really notice then, though, because I was having so much fun catching up with all of my friends.  There was the cutest group of British children touring Boulogne at the same time we were, and Jess (NY) and I freaked out, jumping up and down, oohing and aahing over how cute they were.  Whenever they passed by us, we would get really still and really quiet in hopes of hearing their adorable accents!  I totally would move to England if the weather weren't so terrible.  To finish our tour, we walked through the Argentinian embassy and former home of San Martin.  Martina (Argentina) aka Margentina was so excited about San Martin and kept telling us that her mother would cry when she showed her the pictures of his home. 
We returned to the school to eat the nasty croque-monsieurs (I never eat them because I know that I will always stuff my face with foreign food afterwords.) and we signed a giant going away card for Daniel (Mexico).  Soo Min (South Korea) and Azriel (Philippines) are also leaving in the next few weeks.  I don't want anyone to go!  I want us all to stay together forever as one giant Rotary family!
I had made tuna tetrazzini for the repas, and I'm pretty sure that everyone liked it.  After everyone had been served, Martina (Canada) danced a traditional Canadian Indian dance for us.  Daniel had written a song for us, and he sang that as well.  There was not one dry eye in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment