Sunday, May 8, 2011

Du Char À Voile

We stayed up so late last night talking. I got to hear all of the gossip about the bus trip. At one point around four AM, we all got quiet for a moment. At that same moment, someone passed gas with a little, loud squeak. I feel so sorry for that person, but we didn't make fun of him/her at all; we just laughed!
I woke up this morning in pain. I have never had problems sleeping on the floor before, and I love camping, so I don't know what's wrong with me!
After breakfast we headed to the beach. We had to put on the nastiest jumpsuits and bright yellow helmets; I felt sexy.
For the next two hours we did char à voile. I don't know how to explain it except that it's a mixture of a tricycle and a sailboat that you ride on sand. It was so much fun! We spent two hours going in circles, racing, and getting soaked with wet sand. By the time it had finished, not one of us was clean!
After our typical lunch of cold chicken, couscous, and fruit we weren't allowed to touch until dessert, we gathered into a group and practiced singing Soleil by Grégoire. After the fourth round and cries for mercy, we finally stopped. Up until now our goodbye hugs have always been given with the knowledge that we would see eachother again within the next two months. This tome, Daniel, SooMin, and Azriel won't be joining us. Half of us cried, half of us sang Disney songs, and all of us gave eachother hugs all the way back to the cars!

No comments:

Post a Comment