Monday, May 2, 2011

The Last First Day Back To School

Today was my last first day back to school in France. I awoke to find out that Osama bin Laden had been killed and thought it was a joke. It was all over the news all throughout the day, and everyone in France talked about it. The only difference between France and the USA is that we didn't have any street parties, celebrating, or masses of people chanting, "USA" and waving American flags.
As for school, I had my first class of ECJS since before Christmas, I think. We had today to research, and my topic is 'the dangers of cults'. I'm in a group with Louise, Matine, and Constant. Constant, however, was not here today because apparently he drove in front of a truck on his motorbike, fell off, and got a few of his toes cut of by the truck.
Tonight I made sloppy joes for the Adamskis. I discovered that it's pretty much identical to the recipe I use for meatloaf except that here I add a tablespoon of vinegar, a little extra ketchup, and mash up the meat instead of forming it into a loaf. It was yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment