Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Sci-Po Powerpoint

Today I gave my presentation on the USofA in my Political Science class. I did not talk about political science at all; the teacher had asked me to present my life in the US. 
I began with the location of Charlotte, North Carolina, talked a little bit about my state, and showed pictures of my town.  I also gave everyone homemade Snickerdoodles at the same time, so that, in the case I did a horrible job, no one would notice because they would be too occupied with their cookies. 
I went on to explain the school system, complete with a public school-private school comparison that included my class schedule from last year.  I followed that with pictures of my homes, my families, the shopping malls, typical hang-out spots, school dances, and my friends.  Thank goodness everyone peppered my presentation with questions because they totally helped me to calm down and enjoy presenting so much more.  I'm pretty sure that I unintentionally confirmed all of my classmates desire to go to school in the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment