Sunday, May 29, 2011

La Fete Des Meres

We celebrated, belatedly compared to the US, La Fete des Meres (Mother's Day) today.   I took a train back from Lille with Paul (Germany) this morning around 10h00.  With barely any sleep from the night before since I slept over with Sofie (Argentina) and Emma (Finland), I just wanted to rest. 
Instead, I ate a "barbeque" with my host family and Jean-Michel's parents (Pascaline's are actually in Montenegro.).  Speaking of barbeque, I miss it dearly!  In France barbeque is like what you get when you ask for barbeque in California, which means that barbecue is the verb that means to cook out or to grill.  When, in the south, we say barbecue, we mean the real stuff, the pulled pork sandwich with the ketchup-based sauce (because it tastes better than the SC mustard-based or the western NC vinegar based sauces). It's heaven in a bun.
Anyways, after talking briefly to Pierre-Alexandre via Skype, and eating grilled chicked and sausages, I took a nice long nap.  When I awoke, I packed my affairs and headed over to the Helou's to spend the night with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment