Saturday, May 28, 2011

Last Lille

Today was the last day in Lille for me for this year in France.  I met up with Maddi (Australia-whose French has either improved greatly, or who has become a lot less self-conscious) almost as soon as I got there, so we spent most of the afternoon together.  We saw a giant parade of people playing instruments on bicycles for no purpose, we saw at least three groups of fiances acting crazy before getting married, we drank yummy, pulpy orange juice, and we got half of our shopping checked off of our lists.  We also had a super dooper time singing the song 1234 by the Plain White T's.  While we were walking towards the shopping centers, first Printemps, then Gallery LaFayette, I saw a large, creepy, tattooed, biker-looking guy hanging out with the homeless people on the side of the street.  I turned to Maddi and said, "Oh my gosh, that guy over there is so scary!."  Then he moved, and I added, "Oh no, he's walking over here. He's walking towards us!"  Then, as if I were not already freaked out enough as it was by his appearance, he barked at me.  Yes, he barked like a dog, and I screamed at the top of my lungs in the middle of the square in Lille.  I started cracking up afterwords because I could not believe that I actually screamed out loud. 
After Maddi bought her Longchamp bagfrom the Galleries LaFayettes, she ditched me, and I went to hang out with Marti (Argentina), her friend Sofie (Argentina), Cari (Ecuador), Emma (Finland), Tim (Australia), and Paul (Germany).  We all gave Sofie a mini-tour of Lille, and at around 20h, the girls headed over to Cari's house to snack on dinner, chat, and watch the Barcelona-Manchester football game while the guys just went to a bar.  If anyone is vaguely interested at all, Barcelona creamed Manchester 3 to 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment