Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pairi Daiza


Today the Adamskis and I went to Paradisio, the most amazing zoo-park in the entire world! We arrived at 11h00, and immediately wanted to see the feeding of the monkeys.

While heading over there, we ran into kangaroos!

Unfortunately, we walked rather slowly, taking in the breathtaking scenery, and we missed the feeding. I was amazed at the monkey enclosure, though. I thought they would be behind cages, but it was completely the opposite! They had their own little island on which they roamed freely. They even came close enough for us to pet them.

Taking the bridge off of the island, we walked into a grotto filled with seals and penguins!

That eventually led us into the aquarium that housed, among other animals, sharks, bubble-eyed fish, and jellyfish. I wished all throughout the aquarium walk that I had seen Finding Nemo in French, because I could have quoted the entire movie in there.
We had Chinese for lunch. Why is it that almost every single Chinese restaurant on the planet is buffet-style or at least has some sort of buffet in it?

Afterwords, we read on the map about Dr. Yu's. I had read about it, but had never tried a foot massage by fish! It was amazing! I didn't know what to expect, really, but it tickled! It was the oddest sensation to have hundreds of tiny fish eating my feet! (I saw an advertisement for a thirty minute, 45Euro session in the Touquet, but my twenty minute session here was only 5, and it was so worth it!) It was the coolest experience I could ever imagine involving fish! I highly suggest it! (Mommy, can I have a new pet? We don't even need to buy stuff for it, 'cuz I'll keep it in the bathtub, and we don't have to pay for food!)

After walking through the Chinese gardens, lighting incense, tying goodluck ribbons on a tree, and banging the gong, we went to the aviary. MeepMeep I saw the roadrunner! In your face, Wylie Coyote!
We took a quick break for mate tea, and continued on to the African animals.

We were even allowed to feed the giraffes and elephants!






Let me just say that Dumbo has a pretty prickly trunk, but he's very friendly and likes carrots.


We rushed through the rest of the park because it had the shortest hours known to man and closed at 18h00. We saw the elephant get a bath, a show given to us from the raptor center. I totally thought at one point in the show that the eagle would land on my head.


We finished the day in the petting zoo farm area. Guess what I just realized? Mutton is a lot like the french word for sheep, mouton! Whoa!


No comments:

Post a Comment