Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One Month

I only have one month left as of today.  Pauline initiated a vote today inquiring how many of my friends petitioned that I stay.  Marie raised both arms and a leg.  What I'm telling people now is that as soon as my visa expires, I'm becoming an illegal immigrant.  (Let's just hope that no one from the French government reads blogs.) 
I had a full day of school today.  It's for a good cause.  I consequently don't have school on Friday or Saturday!  Plus, I didn't have Italian this afternoon.  I was in a goofball mood all day.  This morning in French class, we were talking about some ninteenth century seductive traits, so I drew a moustache on my index finger and held it up to my nose.  This afternoon in Political Science (The Saturday classes moved to Wednesday afternoon this week.) Florine was yawning, so, while Nicolas and Paul were taking credit for a Powerpoint that Yamina made, Flo and I played thumb wrestling to keep her awake.
This evening, Pascaline, Jean-Michel, and Emilie picked me up while I was walking home so we could all go shopping in Lens.  One of the great things about living in an itty bitty town (approx. 30 000 people) is that when you go out, you know half of the people you see.  I saw Corentin from my class at school in Yves Rocher, Andrea (host sister) in front of Pimkie, and one of the girls with whom I was interviewed for the Rotary in front of Etam.

No comments:

Post a Comment