Saturday, October 23, 2010

Are Ice Cream and Woolen Scarves Contradictions?

This is the second time this week that I saw my bus stop buddy! I took the bus into Lens around noonish today to meet Michael at the train station. At 1h30 we took the train to Lille where we met up with Darpan and Veda (from India), Emma (Finland), and James (Australia). It rained all day, which was sort of a bummer, but we still had a great time. We spent the first half of the afternoon searching for a ginormous scarf for Michaelin the EuroLille shopping center. When we saw some random French guy wearing one similar to what he was searching for, I couldn't help it and I asked him where he had purchased it. We then went to Jules and found the exact same one, which is strange because the French guy told me that he had purhased his last year.
Next we took the metro one stop to get ice cream and then got on the metro again to go to Subway. Michael and I could only stay for nine minutes at the Subway stop because we had to get back to the train station. Our train left at ten minutes later than it should have, at 5h40, but we all survived the wait, don't worry. In the train station, I saw a man with a legit pig nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment