Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Social Network

Yesterday I met up at the Lens train station with Michael, Jacinta (Australia), Jacinta's host brother Paul, and Thomas (Rotary rebound who went to Michigan last year). I bought a 12-25 card for fifty euros that is supposed to give me a fifty percent discount on any train ticket (not international) that I buy for one year! In Lille we bet up with a gaggle of Rotary exchange students and went to see the new (for France, at least) movie The Social Network about the guy who invented facebook. It was great, one of those movies that I could see multiple times. I actually feel like I would need to see it a few more times to understand most of it because the movie was so fast paced and a good deal of the technical jargon went right over my head.
After the movie we walked into a bookstore that surprisingly had a vast collection of English litterature. Then we bumped into another group of exchange girls who had been shopping and all went into a cafe to hang out and catch up.
Talking, I learned that some English man stranded on an island created the first sandwich, and that it's not called a "man purse," it's a "european shoulder bag."

No comments:

Post a Comment