Sunday, October 3, 2010

La Braderie de Lens

This morning I went on a ten kilometer hike with Sabine, our neighbors across the street, and another couple and their daughter. We started at a horse stable, walked all the way to a windmill constructed in 1400, and walked back. It took us about an hour and a half. Thankfully, it was a glorious day. We had blistering heat of 24 degrees celcius! (That's about 75 degrees in Fahrenheit.) I loved it! To top things off, the sky was bright blue with few clouds.
At around 4h00 Sabine, Heloise, Christophe, and I went to the Braderie of Lens. A braderie is pretty much like a giant flea market. Stands of clothes, shoes, food, and useless trinkets lined the streets. The traffic amongst the people was bumper to bumper. I think I saw more people today than I have the entire time I've been here. The prices for everything were great, but again, for some reason I could not bring myself to buy anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment