Monday, March 7, 2011

Dégustation

I slept spectacularly last night after going to bed at 21h00! Strangely enough, that meant that I awoke at midnight and started getting ready for school. Don't worry- I fell right back asleep and reawoke with that same energy at 6h00. The bummer is that today was the most uneventful rentree to school! All we did all day was check tests that I had not been obliged to take. So, I just sat in class doing and learning nothing.
This evening I had a Rotary meeting. At least- I thought that it was a meeting until I arrived at L'Etiquette to discover that the restaurant was actually a wine bar. So, I participated in a rite of French culture and "degusted" (that's Franglais, by the way) a champagne and two white wines in a night from Borgogne. Thankfully, I had told Philippe to come and pick me up at 9h15, so I did not have to drink/taste the following third white and two red wines. Mr. Crapet (A Rotarian) had told me that it would finish at around 9h30, but the lady at the door unhappily informed me that normally it ended at 23h00. Oopsie!

No comments:

Post a Comment