Tuesday, March 29, 2011

You Go, Girl!

I skipped Pastorale this morning. Pierre told his parents that we didn't have it, so I slept in a little. Fortunately, no one else went either, so it doesn't even matter. I didn't have Spanish after that either because the teacher was absent, so I hung out in the Salle de Travaille with Matine and Sophie and just talked for an hour. After French and Econ, today was a Pedagogical day (I don't know if that's how it's said in English, but I tried!), so Somaya and I went to Carrefour Market, picked up sandwiches, beverages, and snacks, took the bus, and headed over to the movie theater! We had originally planned to go see Black Swan. I'm normally not in to the whole horror movie scene, but I really wanted to see this movie (plus, it's easier to cope with scariness in the middle of the day). Unfortunately, the movie was no longer playing, so instead we went on a much lighter topic and saw Just Go With It. It was very predictable in my opinion, but I still enjoyed it! I love how Hollywood always makes the North Carolina girl the wholesome girl with the good reputation! It's great! (Even though this 24 year old girl slept with a 40 year old she barely knew and wore very low cut tops.) They should not, on the other hand, rag on NSYNC! Is it really that wrong to still love their music?! So, there's a girl named Marissa who came with the Rotary to the NpdC in France two years ago. She returned this year to go to University in Lille (she hates it, so she's going back to the US this summer). Tonight, I saw her on X-Factor! Yes, my friend is a star singing Katy Perry's Teenage Dream on the French version of American Idol! She looked so adorable during the whole interview process, and she sang with wonderful stage presence! Yes, I know a star!

No comments:

Post a Comment