Thursday, March 10, 2011

Splat...Handball

So, I had a major SPLAT moment in EPS (P.E.) this afternoon. I had to make a pyramid with two other girls, so I put my legs on the shoulders of Cloe and Florine and went into a split. They stood up, me still on their shoulders, and we held the position for a few seconds. The only problem was that we did not know how to dismount. When they started to crouch back down, I wobbled and totally fell head-first on the floor! Fortunately for me, there were a few guys around us, spotting, who quickly grabbed me and lightened my fall a tad. Everyone swarmed around me, peppering me with "Oh my gosh!" and "Are you all right?"
I was perfectly fine, and the only reason I could not get up off of the floor was because I was laughing too hard!

Tonight, we went to watch a France vs. Serbia handball tournament. The ambiance was great! The Lievin inside stadium was completely packed, and everyone wore the same free, matching blue t-shirt in support of France. Handball is a mix of basketball and soccer. Points are scored quickly, and the players bounce the balls, but there are goals like soccer goals (a little smaller) with goalies. The match was more or less equal the entire time. In the last few minutes, Serbia started ahead by one point. We tied the game in the last two minutes, and in the last two seconds, France scored the winning goal, making the croud go crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment