Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"It almost felt like an international flight..."

We had the same troubles yesterday in the airport as when we left. It was terrible! Since we had a flight with Alitalia instead of AirFrance, they didn't have the note about my passport in my reservation. We must have spent an hour discussing with the lady how we would return. In the end we had to change to an AirFrance flight. The annoyance there was that this second flight left at 18h00 whereas our original plane departed at 15h15. No complaints came from me, though, since I had the luck to return to France at all.
This morning I took the train back home. The first ticket that I purchased had me going from Paris to Lille, from Lille to Arras, and from Arras to Lens where I would take a bus back home. My TGV to Lille stopped mid-way and had some technical problems. So, I arrived about thirty minutes late in Lille. There, I decided to take the 13h44 train directly to Lens. Until then I hung out with Suzanna (Illinois). We didn't really have a plan of action, so we picked out a birthday present for her host brother, walked around in shops specializing in kitchen ware, and ate lunch at a noodle place in the sun.
The fact that the sun shone so brightly and that I did not even need a jacket outside definitely helped me enjoy my return to LE NORD.
When we were heading back to the train station, we ran into two groups of Rotary exchange students! I really did not want to leave then, and coincidentally I had missed the train, which had actually been at 13h29, so I stayed with them until the next at 16h58!

No comments:

Post a Comment