Sunday, February 27, 2011

The 7 Year-Old Godfather

This past evening, Nadine's godfather, who is seven years her elder, came over with his wife and two daughters to dine with us. As a French teacher, I guess that he assumed that six months does not suffice for me to comprehend the language, so he talked especially slowly just so I could understand. Other than that, he was super nice. When he arrived, he came with a book about the region for me. I have not yet had much time to read it, but after briefly flipping the pages, I'm excited to start it!
The low point of the evening happened for me at the beginning. My obsession with drinking water has been an ongoing joke for all of my host families. Tonight, though, when I reached for the bottle, I accidentally knocked over and broke a glass of champagne, spilling the alcohol all over Mathilde's new tights.
Apparently, children are not required to stay at the table during the meal once they have finished eating, so Marie, Sophie, Mathilde, Pierre, and I hung out upstairs most of the night until they left at around two this morning.
'Gotta love those French meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment