Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just Like Friends

I was supposed to go to Lille yesterday afterschool with Pierre, but he decided at the last minute that he had too much homework. So, I took the train by myself and met up with Kevin (India), Martina (Argentina), Carlos (Mexico-his "grounding" from drinking too much ended two days early!), Rafael (US), Simon (France-Rotaract back from Japan), Michael (US), Maddi (Australia), Tim (Australia), and Andrea (previous host sister!) at the Bar de Voute. I feel like we exchangers are somewhat like the characters in the 90's TV show Friends in that we always meet up in the same bar every single time that we go to Lille. It's our own little hang-out spot!
We stayed there for about an hour, and then all of the guys went to a shisha bar while Andrea, Margentina, Maddi, and I went to go shopping! I was torn because I wanted to get to know Maddi better since she just arrived, but I also wanted to spend time with Andrea. Maddi speaks next to no French, and the same goes for Andrea and English. So, I spoke a little bit with Martina in Spanish! Since my Spanish teacher had been absent all week, it was good for me to practice a little!
Andrea and Michael's train was supposed to leave at 5h30, but it was late, so since everyone had gotten back together again, we hung out at the McDonalds in the train station. I love people watching in Lille! There are some of the oddest people there! I saw one guy in platform shoes, a corset, a top hat, with an upside-down question mark drawn on his forehead. I wonder if he is in a cult?

No comments:

Post a Comment