Thursday, February 17, 2011

Zucchini Brownies

I think that of most of the people I have met, the ten year olds are my favorite. My host sister Mathilde is as cute as a button! She almost always has something to say, and if we ever do have an awkward silence, it never lasts because one of us starts laughing! She always wears a smile! This afternoon, her grandmother, Meme (Nadine's Mom), stood up and broke her foot. It was strange because she did not exert any force out of the usual. While Nadine took her to the hospital, Mathilde and I stayed in the kitchen and baked chocolate chip cookies and zucchini brownies (I know they sound nasty, but they're delicious when done correctly!). Because neither of those desserts are commonly baked from scratch in France, Mathilde, at one point, commented, "I learn a lot from you!"
Awwww!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment