Sunday, February 6, 2011

Spamming Psalms

When I arrived yesterday, the first aspect of the house I noticed was a long dining room table with at least ten table settings. Not having put on any makeup, I freaked out internally at the prospect of having to meet the entire Ghysel family. Fortunately, everyone came today, instead. The cause for the celebration was actually Mathilde's tenth birthday, which occured the twentieth of January. Guests started arriving around noonish. I consequently met Mathilde's two grandmothers, her godfather, her godmother, and some family friends. The funniest part of the day was when Mathilde asked her parrain (godfather) to read a Psalm at her upcoming first Communion. The only thing was that she did not know how to say Psaum (French for Psalm) and called it Spam and Spaum instead.
I now have an invitation to Corsica! Candide, one of the family friends, invited me to her secondary residence in Corsica if I were to stay this summer, or if I ever wanted to come over in the summer! I hope I'll be able to take her up on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment