Saturday, February 19, 2011

La Dispute

Pierre did not feel well yesterday morning, so I went to school alone. First period, I normally have French. No one was in or near the classroom when I arrived. I even took out my schedule to double check that I had the correct classroom. I went and checked the library, the media center, and the front dest, but it wasn't until I asked a girl in another class who arrived late that I remembered where we were. So, I spent the first two periods that morning watching a three-man rendition of La Dispute, a play written by Marivaux. The actors did a wonderful job; I really enjoyed their performance! Afterwords, we still had another thirty minutes before break, so the actors asked for feedback. Not a single hand raised, so the sole male actor started talking about his mother and cracking jokes about our Catholic school.

No comments:

Post a Comment