Monday, February 28, 2011

Bruay-La-Buissiere

I awoke even earlier than yesterday; today I thuded my way out of bed downstairs to breakfast at six! Normally, I would have slept in at least for another half hour, but I still needed time to take a shower since I hope never to know what the mix of greasy hair and bangs looks like on me. So, at 7h40 I hopped in the car with Sabine and headed off to school. No, my winter break has not yet finished! Rather, I attended Sabine's school in Bruay for Les Travaux Publics. All that means is that Sabine's students go on after school to work in the technical and or construction world. So, I gave my mini-presentation on the USofA and answered questions like whether or not I am a cheerleader. After the two hour class finished, two of the students (One of whom resembled a Backstreet Boy!) showed me around the campus including the six-person dorm rooms and the room with all of the heavy machinery. Once the tour had finished, I went and presented my same powerpoint to a group of a-little-bit-older guys. Note: all of these students are BTS, or post BAC (post-grad) and are spending their vacation in school because they are in alternance, meaning that they spend three months studying and the following three months working and doing internships.

For lunch, Sabine and I went to Saed and Lizette's home to eat Yugoslavian cuisine! Sabine thought that four more hours of school would be too long and monotonous for me, so I stayed with Lizette. She and I rode bikes over to the pool, swam for an hour or so, and returned on the bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment