Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sweet Revanche

Like Monday, school let out for me two classes early. Nicolas came home early on Thursday evening due to sickness, so he was at the house when I arrived. Michael had told me that he wanted me to get him back for his Facebook post, but the only idea that I had was to splash him with cold salt water at 5h00AM. I have never been really big into the whole revenge-scene, but since Nicolas was there, I figured I might as well, if not just to bond a little with my host brother on one of my last days.
I did not break anything, I did not stain anything, I did not ruin anything, and I do not think I caused any harm. To quickly summarize all that I did, I put mustard in between and on five of his books, his sunglasses, his shoes, and the squirty part of his cologne bottles. I hid his guitar, and I put a glass of salt water beside his bed in case he got thirsty. On Thursday, he had stolen my glass of orange juice, so finally, I put two packets of a laxitive in an orange juice glass "for me".
Michael, however, is nineteen and not an idiot. He immediately went upstairs and asked Nicolas if I had been in his room. Nicolas innocently replied "no", to my satisfaction. Nevertheless, Michael found his guitar, cleaned the mustard, and placed the cup of OJ in my room with a note reading, "nice try". I never told him that it was a laxitive, though. He just thinks I put sugar in it.

After dinner, Catherine took us to see the movie Rien A Declarer. It's about the extreme racism felt by the citizens of Belgium for the French. It takes place mainly at a failing border patrol office in 1993 and is absolutely hilarious! I would definitely suggest it over Le Dernier des Templiers.
When we got back home, I started packing my bags for the move at around 10h30.

No comments:

Post a Comment