Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Night of English Chez les Helous

I've missed the past two weeks of Italian. The first thing the teacher gave me when I walked in, however, was a quiz on a dialogue about pizza. I barely remembered the text, so I put whatever came to mind. I was hoping for an 11 to 13 out of 15 for the first part. The teacher took it from me before I was through reviewing what I had written. She then proceeded to grade it in front of me. I was so scared that I had bombed it! Instead, she acknowledged that I had made a few spelling errors, and I ended up receiving a 19,5!
This afternoon, Catherine deposed Michael and me in Arras where we met up with Daniel (Mexico) shortly after. Since one of the unnamed cats has peed in my duffel bag, I needed a new one. I found the perfect purple duffle with the brand name Madisson for only 35 Euros and had to buy it! I love it, but now that I'm home, I fear that it's much too big for an airplane carry-on. Michael had a good time, too, because he spent an exorbitant amount of money on a leather messenger bag. He made me promise not to tell anyone how much he spent, though, because he is ashamed, as a guy.
When we returned home this evening, Catherine told us that tonight was "English night"! Andrea then told us that it wasn't "American night", so we couldn't talk in American! I then put on my fake British accent because I'm cool like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment