Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cooking Lessons From The Dog

I made a carrot cake this afternoon with Mathilde. Sadly, I had left my measuring cups at the Helou's, so I tried to find a recepie with mesurements in grams. The cake came out well; it was a little too moise, but it was tasty nonetheless. The icing, on the other hand, was delicious!
Once we had finished making the cake, Nadine showed me where the dog food was if I ever needed to feed him. When she took me down into the basement, I looked at the cup used to scoop the kibbles in amazement. What the French have been using to measure the dog food is what we Americans use to measure everything else! Despite this fact, I believe that I will wait patiently for my own measuring cups instead of risking a chocolate cake with a kibble aftertaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment