Thursday, February 24, 2011

TTG


On Tuesday afternoon, the Ghysel family (except Pierre-I don't know why not) and I packed up the car and headed to the beach. We spent the majority of the car ride singing along to Britney Spear's son Sometimes.
(Yes, I'll admit that I still love Britney. I had a craving for the pop music from my lower school years back in October!)
After an hour or so, we arrived at Cap Blanc Nez. This area of the French coast, La Cote D'Opale, resembles greatly to the English coast that I have seen. Mathilde and I almost fell down from laughing at one man we saw strutting around in a leather space-man suit!
After Blanc-Nez, we went to Gris-Nez where I fed a (probably domesticated) crow Mikados (chocolate covered breadsticks).
At one point, Mathilde and I flirted with the waves, standing dangerously close, daring them to come up onto the shore and splash us.
We arrived at the appartament in Stella around dinner time, so shortly after our arrival we went to eat Chez Fred. I have actually seen many restaruants named Chez Fred, so I assumed it was a chain. Contrarily, I actually met Fred and his wife!
I already loved my host sister, but as I was falling asleep in the bunk under hers, she whispered, "Madison? TTG." I, of course, wearily asked what that meant. She replied, "T'es trop gentille." Awwww!

Wednesday began automatically as an early morning since I slept below an early riser, and I sleep relatively lightly. Disappointingly, it drizzled all day. In the morning, we went to Berck. I think we were visiting a market. As the market ended up including next to nothing, we bought fresh fish from the most stereotypical fisherman with the beard, the hat, the rainboots, and apron. I almost laughed out loud. I only wish I had taken a picture.
In the afternoon, we walked around the shops in Touquet. Touquet is the beach closest to Paris, so it automatically Paris's Beach. After promenading all afternoon, Mathilde and I rode on a carousel. It's younger than the two of us, but we still had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment