Friday, April 22, 2011

Chez les Bultez

I spent this afternoon in Lille with Andrea.  At 7h30 I met up with the Bultez family from my Rotary club.  They have invited me to spend the next week of my vacation with them.  Since it was close to dinner time, we ate at a fish restaruant before heading to their home in Lompret, a town next to Lille. 
Upon arriving at the house, Louise, their seven year old daughter took it upon herself to give me a tour of the house.  She is so cute!  When she showed me the room in which I would sleep, I bumped my head on the ceiling (it went down in a diagonal).  She started cracking up, and from then on, she adored me.  We played for a half hour in her room, and it was like she had known me for years! 
Right before going to bed, she showed me her Cat in the Hat book, and I translated it for her as a bedtime story.  I hesitated a few times and made up words (If Dr. Seuss can do it, why can't I?) but I think I did a darn good job with my on-the-spot interpretation!

No comments:

Post a Comment