Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

Joyeuse Fête de Pâques!
This morning we walked around the market before heading over to celebrate Marie's birthday. 
In the car on the way to the restaurant, I noticed a group of people that I thought I knew out of the corner of my eye.  Luckily we were at a red light.  I asked them to roll down the window, stuck my head out of it, and screamed, "Leah! Julia! What are you guys doing here?"  It was so exciting to see all of my Rotary friends who were doing the bustrip in Lyon!  I only got to talk to them for two minutes, but it put me in a great mood for the rest of the day.  As we were driving away, I saw Jess (NY) turn around and say, "Wait. Was that Madison? Madison! Hey!"
We went to a lovely restaurant for lunch.  In France adults celebrate their children's birthdays as an excuse to reunite with friends and family and have a party of their own.  Elise, Arthur (Elise's 12 year old brother), and I sat at the adult table. The meal was exquisite with about ten courses.
Since it was Easter as well, we had an Easter egg hunt.  Here, they hid the chocolates directly and didn't bother with tacky plastic egg coverings.  Since technically I still am a kid, I got to participate in the hunt!  The French do not skimp on their chocolates, let me tell you!  They hid great candy, including giant Ferrero Rocher eggs and Lindt bunny rabbits!
We finished eating at 17h00 when we went to the basilica at the top of the mountain to see a great view of the city!  After that, we went to the ruins of an ancient theater where Elise and I sang Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" at the top of our lungs.
Then, to finish the night, we went to the grandparent's home to eat some more.  I hung out downstairs with the children and we watched Raiponce (Tangled) in French.
Side note: The weather today was beautiful with a shining sun, slight heat, and baby blue skies!

No comments:

Post a Comment