Sunday, April 17, 2011

L'Enterrement D'un Lézard

Andrea and I probably went to bed last night around 10h30. We stayed up talking until after one in the morning! Of course, the lights were out since we were supposed to be falling asleep. Around midnight we heard the creepiest rasping whisper/scratching noise from the corner of the room! Yes, teenagers still get freaked out by weird noises. Thankfully, it did not manifest again after we turned on the lights.
This morning we all went to church. Since it was Palm Sunday, I expected there to be palm fronds, but this church handed out leaves from evergreen trees. I'm still not sure what to do with mine, but I'm afraid to throw it away for fear of offending someone.
We had a cookout in the backyard afterwords. They invited two other families who both had really cute kids. Nina, who looked about four, came up to me at one point and told me to follow her. When I did, she showed me a dead lizard. Lovely. Not knowing really how to handle the situation, so I suggested we bury it. We covered it with dirt, leaves, and a rock headstone. Andrea almost died of laughter (no pun intended) when we told her about it.
In the afternoon we took a tour of "la Vieille France". Sun makes everything prettier! For the walk back to the car, Andrea and I bounced Nina and swung arms. I ended up carrying her on
my shoulders.
Tonight we played a game called Time's Out. We had cards with people's names, and we had to make everyone else guess the name by using a play on words or describing them. I surprisingly knew who many of the people were. Unfortunately, my main pronunciation problems in France arise when attempting to say an English name with a French accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment