Saturday, April 16, 2011

Strasbourg

I arrived at the Helou's (2nd Host Family) last night because the Adamski's are going to Tully, NY to visit their son, Pierre-Alexandre. I am officially on Spring Break! We woke up early this morning to get on the road to go to Strasbourg. The MapQuest estimated travel time is about five hours. Going 140 km/h (87mi/h) the entire way, we pretty much cut that down into three and a half hours.
We met Didier and Andrea in their sunny yellow house, and went out for lunch. I split my dish with Andrea(my host sister), and I'm so glad I did. It was just ok, what they gave me. I expected some sort of potato dish with salmon, but ended up with thick, slug shaped pasta, a teensie bit of salmon, and a kilo of a cream sauce that was not necessarily the best I've had in France.
Now it's time for the politically incorrect joke of the day (in French, of course): Les petits japonais ne vont plus à l'école. Pourquoi? Parce-qu'ils sèchent! (It's a play on words if you just tried to translate that.)
This evening we took a tour of Strasbourg by car. I'm not really sure of everything I saw since I had my window open most of the time and couldn't hear. I do know that we passed by the European Union parliament building, and I learned that it is only used three days per month!

No comments:

Post a Comment