Saturday, April 9, 2011

I've Never Been So Happy About A Sunburn!

Today was another beautiful day! This morning weeks some girlie shopping at the market in Touquet. I wasn't planning on buying anything, but Nadine bought me the cutest beige ballet flats! I love them! The great thing about beige is that I can wear it with all of my clothes that I cannot wear with black. (It's too early to wear white.) The French do not have the "no white after Labor Day and before Easter" rule. I'm sure this is because their Labor Day is May first. (Their Easter is the same, in case you had a brain fart.). Nevertheless, it has been engrained in me never to wear white before Easter, so to sum up this mini-tangent, I'm probably a little too excited about my new shoes!
After the market and lunch, we went to the beach. Since the Touquet and Stella are literally at the tippy top of the point of northern France, it was still too cold to get in the water. I did have a wonderful time just laying in the sun. At one point Mathilde got bored and tried to bury me (in my clothes) with sand. She succeded in immersing my jeaned legs, but that's about it. There was so much sun that I now have a slight sunburn! I'm so glad I can finally start making up for the rays I missed all winter long!
Before we left we took a walk along a nature trail, but we had to leave, sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment